Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 18, 2010

4 nights in Bangkok!

Last week, I went to Bangkok for a conference on Human rights in Southeast Asia. This was my 2nd trip to Thailand, the land of smile. The first trip was in 2008. However, I was on 2 hour transit at Survanabhumi airport before transferred to nakhon Sithammarat in southern Thailand. This time I was with my eldest son, Zaki, as my bodyguard. Alhamdulillah, he has fulfilled his duty as one.

My presentation was on the 1st day, 14th October. Alhamdulillah, it was great. I received some questions from the floor. It was a great opportunity for me to share with the audience, Muslims and Non muslims alike about Islamic law. At the same time I was able to clarify about the position and the application of Islamic law in Malaysia. Once the presentation was over, I feel so much relieved and had a sound sleep on that night.

The next day, I attended only morning session before left for shopping session the whole day. We went to Jim Thompson House where variety of local souvenirs can be purchased. The most favorite goods was anything that was made of silk. I managed to grab a few wallets and coins purses for my mom and sisters. Later, we moved to factory silk where I bought a Thai silk for me and a shawl. Then we head to MBK, a famous shopping centre cum food centre to have out lunch. There was a musolla at level 6 of the building.

On the 16th of October, we went to floating market at Damaensaduk which is about 100 kilomtre away from Bangkok. It was 1 1/2 journey from our hotel. It was an interesting experience to be in the boat and did our shopping through the next boat which passed next to us. Another amazing thing is the attitude of the boatmen to maneuvere their respective boats so that every boat could pass through without any problem. Respect to each other.

Alhamdulilah, our flight landed smoothly on the 17th October at 3.15 pm. I was so eager to see my other two sons, Wafi and Lutfi. Missing them so much. My hubby was waiting at KL sentral with a big smile and a flower ..He could not be more than happier because the co driver has come back..

7 comments:

patunghujan a.k.a cik teruterubozu said...

seronoknye ustazah kt sana
sharing is caring rite

FA said...

hehe..baca entry ni supo best jah.:)

cp0w said...

kak ngoh, pah ade blaja human right dlm ethics.

ramizah said...

Faezah & fatien: ya, seronok..nk pegi lagi!!!
Pah: Ya ke? Wah!! caya la..

ise3339 said...

best dengar cerita kk ngoh..tp kalu bulih tgk gmbr lg best:)

Capik said...

Btul 2 kk tie...lebih menyeronokan kalu ado gambar2 diambil di sana..hehee

Janna Wan Muhammad said...

yeyer....tepek la gambar....